Posted by Angela Keck from Ancestry in Tips

Mundia Supports GEDCOM Uploads

11 Feb 2010

9 Comments

A number of you have asked if Mundia supports GEDCOM imports, and I’m pleased to confirm that we do. For those who don’t know, GEDCOM is an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunication and is a standard format for exchanging family tree data between different family tree software.

This means that if you’ve started building your family tree on another website or using a desktop family tree program, chances are you’ll be able to export your family tree in GEDCOM format and then you can import it directly into Mundia.

This is a huge time saver because it means that you won’t have to start your family tree from scratch. All your relatives together with their related events such as births, deaths, census records, marriages etc. can be imported automatically.

When you log into Mundia for the first time and view your “Family Tree” tab, you will see a question in the upper right hand corner of the screen that asks if you have an existing GEDCOM file to upload.  If you do, just click on the “upload here” link and upload your file.

Upload and Name File

If you have created a Mundia account and chose not to upload a GEDCOM file upon signing up, it isn’t too late to do so.  Simply log in to your account with your username and password. Click on the ‘Family Tree’ tab. In the upper right corner you will see the question, “Do you have an existing GEDCOM file of your family tree? You can upload it here.” Click on ‘upload it here’ in green and follow the instructions.

We hope you find this time saving feature helpful and look forward to adding many more useful features to Mundia to make your family tree building as simple and enjoyable as possible.

9 Comments

Ramli

5 Nov 2012
at 6:18 am

Lee jgħid:I need to find me a woman like that! The bike is shooting out flaems and she gets down to see if the guy is OK and also helps push the car. My hero

feike

26 Sep 2014
at 12:56 pm

and what if i already have a family tree, is then also no problem to upload a GEDCOM without losing my tree?

Kelvin Dallimore

2 Oct 2014
at 12:20 am

I have been trying to download the GEDCOM site for days as I would like to keep what Ihave saved can you help me please

ARI WILSON RIMOLDI

24 Oct 2014
at 9:06 pm

Por favor…preciso que me orientem para que eu possa reaver minha árvore genealógica.Eu estava acessando Ancestry e logo abaixo em uma chave existiam vários sites de árvores e entre eles o do Mundia…..acessava por aí, mas já não existe mais essa possibilidade e foi retirado da relação dos existentes.Me vali da informação dada para que se fizesse o upload do Gedcom …mas mesmo assim nada consigo.
Favor passe-me as coordenadas para que possa recuperar meu trabalho de 10 anos.
grato
ari

Anaid

20 Nov 2014
at 8:10 pm

I really wish there were more arlcetis like this on the web.

Lamana

21 Nov 2014
at 6:50 am

To think, I was counesfd a minute ago.

Boy

21 Nov 2014
at 7:53 am

Hi , I am new to this, can any one guide me to a free Linux software for a pulbic use genealogy website. In this, people just register with their surname and and clan, these are the two criteria under which they will be creating the tree, the scenario is, there is no root person.In our place there are patriarchal lineage followed with the surname, How ever, there can be more than one clans so I wanted to categorize by Surnames and clans, the user needs to select surname and in another dependent drop box he selects clan, and he creates his family tree as far as he knows, in the information he will also enter the origin place and current place of residence with these criteria system should suggest names where there is a possible relationship based on Name, Origin place, current place,date of birth,or death . if user identifies he will select the name then the family tree of that selected person will be displayed, if the user recognizes any one in the tree, he will select that name and he will enter the relationship.if he doesn’t recognize he will leave that and enter only as far he knows.like wise there will be many Surnames (about 5000) excluding the extra clans in some of the surnames.Kindly help me or guide me-Thanks in advance

Hanif

21 Nov 2014
at 8:13 am

That is awesome, Laila. I also have been using FTM. I like it bescuae of the connection with Ancestry. I also own Legacy but haven’t used it. By the way, I was wondering about Parish records that are not available online. Ullern Parish has my ggg-grandmother’s death record– I believe. I was told by someone from the Oslo Archives in Norway that Ullern has not released the records from the year I seek. I tried emailing them, but they haven’t answered. What are the chances I can go to the Parish this summer and just ask them if I can look for it? Thanks!!!

Yaritzy

21 Nov 2014
at 8:24 am

Fiidnng this post. It’s just a big piece of luck for me.